Friday, May 2, 2008

Cancer Free!

I know I said I would not be posting again for a while--but. . . I lied.

I wanted to give a quick update about my brother. If you have not read about what has been going on, you can read a few posts below to catch up. First let me say thank you to ALL of the people who have emailed with their well wishes. Thank you for all of the thoughts and prayers! It has all meant so much to me!

Basically, my brother went for his surgery today. The surgeon told him there was not doubt in his mind that by looking at the biopsy results that it was cancer and it needed to come out! Sometimes biopsies can be questionable, but the surgeon made sure to let us know that this was not one of those times. The surgery was supposed to last about four hours--risks included losing his thyroid, lymph nodes, and possibly his voice. He was told he would have to be in the hospital for four days to recover. During the surgery, slices of the tumor were taken back to pathology to be tested--and the tumor was found to have absolutely no cancer in it! Completely benign!! They removed only the tumor--which was now said to be more like a cyst, and part of his thyroid. He will be able to go home by Sunday. Needless to say the doctor was completely in shock and said the chances of this happening are like 1%.

All I can say is miracles DO happen!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are two beautiful words to be able to type together - cancer free! Much joy and happiness to you and your family on the awesome news.

kecia said...

Praise the Lord! so happy for you, your brother & family. yes truly a miracle.
Glad to hear such good news.
K

Mickey Family said...

YAY!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, so happy for you. First time reading your blog and saw this. I haven't even scrolled down to see the initial posts about your brother, but I will. Praise the Lord. I know so well the feeling of being in that waiting room...waiting, and waiting, and praying for the doctor to come in with good news. I'm so happy for your family.

 
Free Counters
Search Engine Placement